HOst / HOstess
We are a busy brewpub and have an open role for Host / Hostess. You will greet guests as they enter and ensure that they their first interaction at our establishment is inviting and welcoming. You will also engage with guests to effectively communicate our processes and answer any questions they might have about our business. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
· Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
· Providing accurate wait times and monitoring waiting lists
· Providing waiting guests with menus and answering any initial questions they might have about our menu and beer lists
· Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas and giving them a brief overview of our ordering process
· Assigning guests to tables that meet their needs (i.e. children, elderly, large groups)
· Engaging with guests as they leave to ensure they had a pleasant experience
· Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them
· A knowledge of the menu
· Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed
· Providing great customer service
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment
· A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with all brewpub staff
· Does high-quality work while unsupervised
· Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed
· Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system if needed
· Able to work in a busy brewpub environment
· Restaurant experience a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, and meet the necessary requirements, please
1. Click on the employment application
2. Download the application to your computer
3. Open the application in a browser to complete, then save as a .pdf
4. Forward the .pdf, and your resume, to email@example.com
If you are interested in working part-time hours please indicate that on your application and in the email.
NOTE: Applications submitted to the email address above will be considered.
No phone calls or messaging please. We WILL NOT accept applications dropped off at the brew pub.